- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Maryland Area Rail Commuter (MARC) system has a line that runs from Frederick southwest to Point of Rocks on the Potomac River and then onto Washington, D.C. Amtrak service is available from Washington, D.C., to Cumberland. The schedules seem designed for commuters versus tourists, so call ahead.
Maryland Transit Administration. 410/539–5000 or 866/743–3682. www.mtamaryland.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's