- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best way to explore the verdant mountain roads of western Maryland is by car. Interstate 70 links Frederick to Hagerstown and intersects with Route 15 and I-270 (the main highway to Washington, D.C.) West of Hagerstown, I-68 (the main road through western Maryland) passes through some of the most picturesque stretches of the state. Follow Route 219 off I-68 to reach Deep Creek Lake and the more remote areas of Garrett County.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's