Sights & Attractions in Frederick and Western Maryland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Cumberland
C&O Canal National Historical Park
This park is the starting point for walking and biking the towpath...
George Washington's Headquarters
In a log cabin about the size of an ice-cream stand, the man...
Josiah Roberts, the one-time president of the C&O Canal...
|Houses / Mansions||Cumberland|
LaVale Toll Gate House
Along the Old National Road out of Cumberland stands the only...
Thrasher Carriage Collection Museum
This unique museum has more than 100 carriages amassed by James...
|Museums / Galleries||Cumberland|
Washington Street Historic District
In the mid- to late 19th century, Cumberland's railroad barons...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Cumberland|
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
Puffing through dark stone tunnels and along majestic cliffs...
Browse All Frederick and Western Maryland Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's