- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
You'll need a car to access Oakland. From Washington, D.C., take I-270 north to I-70 west to I-68 west. Take exit 14A (Rte. 219 South Deep Creek Lake). Continue on Route 219 south approximately 25 mi until you reach Oakland. Visitors can park in the Oakland Town parking lot (at the end of 2nd Street behind Newman's Funeral Home) and then set off on foot or bike (best to bring your own) to explore all that downtown Oakland has to offer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's