- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
A car is probably your best bet for getting to and around Harpers Ferry. The site is about 65 mi from Baltimore and Washington, D.C.; drive time is about an hour. Amtrak's "Capitol Limited" train between D.C. and Chicago stops in Harpers Ferry seven days a week. Additionally, MARC commuter trains operate Monday through Friday between Union Station in D.C., and Martinsburg, WV, on the Brunswick Line. Once at Harpers Ferry, guests can park near the Visitors Center. Shuttle buses run approximately every 15 minutes and provide easy access to a three-block pedestrian area with museums and exhibits. Other outlying areas are accessible to hikers and cars.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's