- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Shenandoah and Potomac rivers are idyllic spots to kayak or canoe. Drift along the refreshing waters in an inner tube or raft through the rivers' rapids.
Local favorite Butt's Tubes drops you off at the river and picks you up downstream a few hours later. They offer patriotic-theme excursions in summer and "haunted" raft tours in October. 10985 Harpers Ferry Rd., Purcellville, VA, 20132. 877/723-8284. www.buttstubes.com.
River Riders offers everything from tranquil tubing to adventurous river-rafting tours on the Shenandoah River for all ages. They also rent mountain bikes. 408 Alstadts Hill Rd., Harpers Ferry, WV, 25425. 800/326-7238. www.riverriders.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's