- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Guided walking tours of the city's historic district ($7) depart on Saturday and Sunday mornings in the spring, summer, and fall, from the new visitor center. Maps are also available for self-guided walks. At night, costumed guides leading the Candlelight Ghost Tour spin tales of gory history as you walk the city's dark streets and alleys. The tours depart from Brewer's Alley restaurant and brewery, and take place from June through November. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children.
Frederick tourism officials and partners have recently unveiled an updated African-American Heritage brochure, with a suggested walking tour itinerary. It includes points of interest and properties designated on the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom and more, including the recent discovery of an intact slave village at Monocacy National Battlefield.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe