- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Frederick is easy to navigate by car and street parking is plentiful. Frederick TransIT, run by the county, provides shuttle bus service within Frederick and to outlying towns, including Thurmont, Emmitsburg, Jefferson, and Walkersville. It does not run on Sunday. There is a MARC train station in Downtown Frederick, Point of Rocks, and Brunswick. The MARC train to Washington, D.C., runs Monday through Friday, departing Frederick three times in the morning and returning three times in the evening. (Travelers coming from DC should plan to arrive on an evening train, and depart on a morning train, Monday through Friday; there is no weekend service). The Downtown Frederick station (100 S. East St.,Frederick,MD21704), which is also the Greyhound bus station, and is very convenient to shops, restaurants, and accommodations. Taxis are available as well.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe