- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
You'll need a car to access Deep Creek Lake. From Washington, D.C., Take I-270 north to I-70 west to I-68 west. Take exit 14A (Rte. 219 South Deep Creek Lake). Continue on Rte. 219 south approximately 15 mi until you reach McHenry & Deep Creek Lake. Once here, you can get around on foot, by bike, or by boat/kayak. In fact, you can go shopping, dining, or even to the movies by boat. Pick up a Travel by Boat brochure at the Visitors Center. Local maps and information about recreation (including hiking), dining, and lodging can also be found at the Visitors Center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's