- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wisp Resort has 132 acres of ski terrain ranging from beginner to difficult; most are open for night skiing. Three terrain parks are geared toward beginners, advanced, and/or extreme skiers. The Bear Claw Tubing Park has 750-foot-long tubing lanes. Peak-season lift rates (mid-December through early March) are $39 for a full day on weekdays, $59 on weekends; prices go up about $6 on holidays. Ski/snowboard rentals are $36 each. Tubing sessions run in two-hour blocks; rates are $15–$25 per person. 296 Marsh Hill Rd., McHenry, MD, 21541. 800/462–9477 or 301/387–4911. www.wispresort.com. Closed Apr.–mid-Dec.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's