- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Historic Route 40 (aka the Old National Road) runs through the middle of Cumberland. Allegany County Transit offers public transportation in the area. Amtrak also has a stop here that comes through twice a day. Drive times from both Baltimore and Washington, D.C., are about 2½ hours, one-way. Once in town, the city is pedestrian friendly.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe