- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It can be hard to catch a cab on the street in Baltimore. The best places to flag one down are at Pratt and Light streets in the Inner Harbor, Cross and South Charles streets in Federal Hill, O'Donnell Square in Canton, and at Broadway and Thames Street in Fells Point. Otherwise, your best option is to phone ahead and ask for a pickup, or ask your hotel concierge or doorman to summon one for you. Meters determine local fares, which average $7-$15, depending on how far you go.
Ed Kane's Water Taxis and the Seaport Taxi are fun and convenient ways to get around the Inner Harbor. They make stops at 12 points along the waterfront, including Fells Point, the National Aquarium, museums, restaurants, and Fort McHenry. All-day tickets for both services are $9 for adults and $4 for children 10 and under. Look for stops, marked with signs, all along the waterfront; depending on season, boats arrive every 10-15 minutes, or you can call to be picked up at a particular location.
Arrow Taxicab. 410/358-9696.
Ed Kane's Water Taxis. 410/563-3901. www.thewatertaxi.com.
Seaport Taxi. 410/675-2900.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $103 -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 50% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $109 & up -- Baltimore Hotel Deals into Summer, 65% Off — $109 Featured Destination: Baltimore
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator