- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It can be hard to catch a cab on the street in Baltimore. The best places to flag one down are at Pratt and Light streets in the Inner Harbor, Cross and South Charles streets in Federal Hill, O'Donnell Square in Canton, and at Broadway and Thames Street in Fells Point. Otherwise, your best option is to phone ahead and ask for a pickup, or ask your hotel concierge or doorman to summon one for you. Meters determine local fares, which average $7-$15, depending on how far you go.
Ed Kane's Water Taxis and the Seaport Taxi are fun and convenient ways to get around the Inner Harbor. They make stops at 12 points along the waterfront, including Fells Point, the National Aquarium, museums, restaurants, and Fort McHenry. All-day tickets for both services are $9 for adults and $4 for children 10 and under. Look for stops, marked with signs, all along the waterfront; depending on season, boats arrive every 10-15 minutes, or you can call to be picked up at a particular location.
Arrow Taxicab. 410/358–9696.
Ed Kane's Water Taxis. 410/563–3901. www.thewatertaxi.com.
Seaport Taxi. 410/675–2900.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's