- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nam Kang Review
The once grimy area in central Baltimore called Midtown has buoyed in recent years by the sprouting of several restaurants and stores catering to the city's burgeoning Korean community. Nam Kang is the oldest and best of the eateries in this area, increasingly called Little Korea (Nak Won, around the corner on 20th Street, is also excellent). Ornate, clean decor greets you, along with a series of complimentary, shared appetizers, including pickled veggies, edamame (soy beans), and kimchi. From there, all of the traditional Korean specialties are on offer, bibimbap, bulgogi, and barbecue—and all are excellent. The noodle soups, like the very spicy seafood-filled samsung jampong, are a sinus-clearing delight.
- Address: 2126 Maryland Ave., Midtown, Baltimore, MD 21218
- Phone: 410/685–6237
- Location: Midtown
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thank you to so many of you who offered condolences and then alternative ideas after the government shutdown derailed my trip to take my sweet mother to see Washington. Read more
Each year, the above hosts an Arts Fest. Read more
Heading to Baltimore/DC at the end of April with my inlaws and my 4 and 5 year old boys. Read more
· News & Features
Baltimore's dining scene may get overshadowed by all the culinary goings-on in nearby Washington, D.C., ... Read more
Make a visit to the National Pinball Museum in Baltimore, Maryland, which features approximately 100 pinball... Read more
American history and family fun go hand-in-hand this summer in Virginia Beach, Baltimore, Boston, and... Read more