- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
A little over an hour from Washington and less than an hour from Annapolis, North Beach is not for those who want exciting shore resorts like Ocean City or Rehoboth. There are only a few places to eat or even get a cup of coffee, and a handful of antiques and gift shops. The main activity in North Beach is simply sitting on the shore watching the Bay or going fishing.
Access to the beach is free for North Beach residents only. In summer, out-of-county visitors must pay $7. Fishing passes are also free for North Beach residents, but out-of-county residents pay $5 or $65 for a season pass.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's