- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
A little over an hour from Washington and less than an hour from Annapolis, North Beach is not for those who want exciting shore resorts like Ocean City or Rehoboth. There are only a few places to eat or even get a cup of coffee, and a handful of antiques and gift shops. The main activity in North Beach is simply sitting on the shore watching the Bay or going fishing.
Access to the beach is free for North Beach residents only. In summer, out-of-county visitors must pay $7. Fishing passes are also free for North Beach residents, but out-of-county residents pay $5 or $65 for a season pass.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Annapolis Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Annapolis Fr $145+/Nt Expedia
- $82.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Annapolis — $82 Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Annapolis Fr $191+/Nt — $191 Expedia
- $109.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Annapolis — $109 Hotwire