- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This military town is dominated by the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, which covers 25 mi of the shoreline at the mouth of the eponymous river. The station assists naval aviation operations by its research, development, and testing of aircraft and things associated with them. Its facilities are also utilized by private industry, academic institutions, and foreign governments.
Elsewhere in Annapolis and Southern Maryland
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's