- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
An area without specific boundaries, Broomes is not even an island per se, except during a very high tide or in a strong storm. It's made up of little more than a few houses and stores, a post office, and a church. This little area at the mouth of Island Creek is a portrait of a water-dependent community amid change: weather-beaten structures of its past now mingle with new, expensive waterfront homes.
Elsewhere in Annapolis and Southern Maryland
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's