- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Annapolis is normally 35-45 minutes by car from Washington, D.C., on U.S. 50 (Rowe Boulevard exit). During rush hour (weekdays 3:30-6:30 pm), however, it takes about twice as long. From Baltimore, following routes 3 and 97 to U.S. 50, travel time is about the same. To tour southern Maryland, follow Route 2 South from Annapolis, and Route 4, which continues through Calvert County.
In the summertime avoid going to Annapolis from Washington on Saturday morning or returning to Washington on Sunday evening— traffic slows to a crawl, as many Washingtonians spend their weekends on the Eastern Shore.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe