- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Annapolis is normally 35-45 minutes by car from Washington, D.C., on U.S. 50 (Rowe Boulevard exit). During rush hour (weekdays 3:30-6:30 pm), however, it takes about twice as long. From Baltimore, following routes 3 and 97 to U.S. 50, travel time is about the same. To tour southern Maryland, follow Route 2 South from Annapolis, and Route 4, which continues through Calvert County.
In the summertime avoid going to Annapolis from Washington on Saturday morning or returning to Washington on Sunday evening— traffic slows to a crawl, as many Washingtonians spend their weekends on the Eastern Shore.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's