Country Club Inn
At a Glance
- loads of lawn and board games
- lots of photos of Rangeley's long-gone resorts
- regular, B&B, and Modified American Plan rates
- smallish rooms in main building
Country Club Inn Review
Built in 1920 as the country club for the adjacent Mingo Springs Golf Course, this secluded hilltop retreat has sweeping lake and mountain views. Two fireplaces anchor the lodge-like living room, which has a cathedral ceiling. The cozy, low-ceilinged wood-paneled bar opens to a room with a pool table and lake-view deck. Rooms downstairs in the main building and in the adjacent 1950s motel are dated but homey, with wood furnishings, rustic touches and cheerful, if minimal, decor. The glassed-in dining room serves burgers and salads—as well as entrées like veal Gruyère and roast duck Montmorency.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. ... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more