Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Gingerbread House Restaurant
Gingerbread House Restaurant Review
With a fieldstone fireplace in the main dining room, tables scattered around the deck, and an antique marble soda fountain, there are lots of reasons to stop at what really looks like a giant gingerbread house at the edge of the woods. Sandwiches and burgers at lunch give way to crab cakes as appetizers (big enough for a meal) and such interesting entrées as lobster macaroni and cheese and barbecued ribs with a blueberry-chipotle sauce. Locals also come for baked goods or ice cream.
- Address: 55 Carry Rd., Oquossoc, ME 04964 | Map It
- Phone: 207/864–3602
- Website: www.gingerbreadhouserestaurant.net
- Location: Rangeley
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–Nov. and Apr.; and Mon.–Thurs. Dec.–Mar., Mon. and Tues. May–late June, and Mon. early Sept.–late Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
An overdue trip report from our vacation last summer. Read more
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
Hello Fodorites....we live in NY and want to take a long weekend in Maine this summer....it's on our "to do" list and we've just never gotten to it. No idea where to go though....looking for lake, trees Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more