Gingerbread House Restaurant
Gingerbread House Restaurant Review
A big fieldstone fireplace, well-spaced tables, wrap-around deck, and antique marble soda fountain, all with views of the woods beyond, make for comfortable surroundings inside what really looks like a giant gingerbread house. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served; folks also stop in for baked goods or ice cream. Soups, salads, and sandwiches at lunch give way to entrées such as lobster macaroni and cheese and barbecued ribs with blueberry chipotle sauce and maple syrup. At lunch and dinner, many order the popular Maine crab cakes appetizer as a main course and you can sit at outdoor tables in the summer.
- Address: 55 Carry Rd. (Rte. 4), Oquossoc, ME 04964 | Map It
- Phone: 207/864-3602
- Website: gingerbreadhouserestaurant.net
- Location: Rangeley
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov. and Apr.; and Mon.--Wed., Dec.--Mar. No lunch or dinner Sun., mid-Sept.--mid-June (except on holiday weeks and weekends).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $119 & up -- Maine Historic Coastal Inn near Outlet, $60 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I want to go on a 5 day vacation in the first week of July. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more