Bethel Historical Society Regional History Center
Bethel Historical Society Regional History Center Review
Start your stroll in Bethel here, across from the Village Common. The center's campus comprises two buildings: the 1821 O'Neil Robinson House and the 1813 Dr. Moses Mason House, both of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Robinson House has changing exhibits pertaining to the region's history; the Moses Mason House has nine period rooms and a front hall and stairway wall decorated with Rufus Porter School folk art murals. Pick up a self-guided walking tour of Bethel Hill Village, or print it from the museum's website.
- Address: 10-14 Broad St., Bethel, ME, 04217 | Map It
- Phone: 207/824-2908; 800/824-2910
- Cost: $3 Mason House; O'Neil Robinson House free
- Hours: O'Neil Robinson House Jan.--April Tues.--Thur. 10--4; May--Dec. Tues.--Fri.10--4; July and Aug. also Sat. 1--4. Dr. Moses Mason House July and Aug. Tues.--Sat. 1--4 and by appointment year-round.
- Website: www.bethelhistorical.org
- Location: Bethel
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more