Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Stanley Museum Review
Housing a collection of original Stanley Steamer cars built by the Stanley twins—Kingfield's most famous natives—this museum also features exhibits on the glass negative business this inventive pair sold to Eastman Kodak. Also on display are their sister's wonderful photos of everyday country life at the turn of the 20th century. The museum occupies a 1903 Georgian-style former school the Stanleys built for the town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
An overdue trip report from our vacation last summer. Read more
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
we are family of 5 , our kids ages are 10 to 16 . Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more