Acadian Seaplanes. In addition to 15- to 90- minute scenic flights high above the mountains, this seaplane operator offers enticing "fly-in" excursions. You can travel by air to wilderness locales to dine at a sporting camp, spot moose in their natural habitat, or go white-water rafting on the remote Rapid River. The company also provides charter service year-round, including shuttles between Rangeley and airports in Portland, Boston, and New York. 2640 Main St., Rangeley, ME, 04970. 207/864–5307. www.acadianseaplanes.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's