Rangeley, on the north side of Rangeley Lake on Route 4/16, has long lured anglers and winter-sports enthusiasts to its more than 40 lakes and ponds and 450 square miles of woodlands. A few blocks from Main Street, Lakeside Park ("Town Park" to locals) has a large swimming area and boat launch. Equally popular in summer or winter, Rangeley has a rough, wilderness feel to it.
Rangeley at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe