- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
J.M. Gerrish Restaurant
J.M. Gerrish Restaurant Review
Ice cream was sold here in the early 1900s, and still is, and the name is the same, but ownership of this downtown fixture has changed over the years. Part of the old marble counter remains at what today is a café and bistro where folks bustle in for breakfast or lunch or linger over coffee inside and on the porch. The lunch menu has soups, salads, and sandwiches like chicken salad with grapes. Breads and baked goods are made in-house. Dinner is served Thursday through Saturday (it's open until 6 the rest of the week), offering traditional entrées like baked stuffed haddock and seafood fettuccine and good prices on wine by the bottle or glass.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more