Fish Tale Charters. Fish Tale Charters takes anglers on fly-fishing or light tackle charters in search of stripers or juvenile bluefin tuna; trips depart from Town Dock No. 2 in York Harbor. York, ME, 03909. 207/363–3874. www.maineflyfishing.net.
Rip Tide Charters. Rip Tide Charters goes where the fish are—departure points vary, from Ogunquit to York and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. They specialize in fly-fishing and light tackle for stripers, mackerel, and bluefish. York, ME, 03909. 207/337–3608. www.mainestriperfishing.com.
Shearwater Charters. Shearwater Charters offers light tackle and fly-fishing charters in the York River and along the shoreline from Kittery to Ogunquit. Bait-fishing trips are also available. Departures are from Town Dock No. 2 in York Harbor. 207/363–5324. www.mainestripers.net.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe