- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Fish Tale Charters. Fish Tale Charters takes anglers on fly-fishing or light tackle charters in search of stripers or juvenile bluefin tuna; trips depart from Town Dock No. 2 in York Harbor. York, ME, 03909. 207/363-3874. www.maineflyfishing.net.
Rip Tide Charters. Rip Tide Charters goes where the fish are—departure points vary, from Ogunquit to York and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. They specialize in fly-fishing and light tackle for stripers, mackerel, and bluefish. York, ME, 03909. 207/337-3608. www.mainestriperfishing.com.
Shearwater Charters. Shearwater Charters offers light tackle and fly-fishing charters in the York River and along the shoreline from Kittery to Ogunquit. Bait-fishing trips are also available. Departures are from Town Dock No. 2 in York Harbor. Box 472, York Harbor, ME, 03911. 207/363-5324. www.mainestripers.net.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston