Getting Here and Around
Shoreline Trolley. Just $1 per trip, this seasonal trolley serves Wells Beach and Crescent Beach and has many stops along U.S 1 at motels, campground, restaurants, and so on. You can also catch it at the Wells Transportation Center when the Downeaster (the Amtrak train from Boston to Maine) pulls in. The trolley is part of the Shoreline Explorer network, which links seasonal trolleys in southern Maine beach towns from York to the Kennebunks, allowing visitors to travel between them without their cars. Besides serving the Wells area, it runs north to downtown Kennebunk and the town's Lower Village, where a shuttle connects with the trolley serving the Kennebunks, and south to Ogunquit, where you can connect with the local trolley or take a shuttle on to York Beach. 207/324–5762 Ext. 2932. www.shorelineexplorer.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe