- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Amore Breakfast Review
One could hardly find a more-satisfying, full-bodied breakfast than at this smart and busy joint just shy of the entrance to Perkins Cove. A lighthearted mix of retro advertising signs adorns the walls of this bright, open, and very bustling dining room. You won't find tired standards here—the only pancakes are German potato. The Oscar Madison omelet combines crabmeat with asparagus and Swiss, topped with a béarnaise sauce. For a real decadent start, opt for the Banana Foster: pecan-coated, cream-cheese-stuffed French toast with a side of sautéed bananas in rum syrup. Next door at the Cafe Amore, which is open until 8 pm in July and August, you can pick up sandwiches, baked goods, and gift items here.
- Address: 309 Shore Rd., Ogunquit, ME 03907 | Map It
- Phone: 207/646-6661
- Website: www.amorebreakfast.com
- Location: Ogunquit
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Dec.--Fri. before Apr. 1, and Wed. and Thurs. in spring and fall. No dinner except in café (light fare) in July and Aug.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I want to go on a 5 day vacation in the first week of July. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more