Cape Arundel Inn
At a Glance
- extraordinary views from most rooms
- across the road from rockbound coast
- not for the budget-minded
Cape Arundel Inn Review
This shingle-style 19th-century inn, originally a summer "cottage" like the mansions nearby, commands a magnificent ocean view that takes in the Bush estate at Walker's Point. The spacious rooms have sitting areas and are furnished with antiques and newer classic pieces; Frette linens and comforters adorn the beds. You can relax on the front porch or by the fireplace. In the adjacent motel-style Rockbound, built in the 1950s, all the rooms have fireplaces and private balconies to take in the views. In the candlelit restaurant ($$$$; great midweek specials) every table has a view of the surf.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. ... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more