The Landmark Review
This restaurant in a 1910 Victorian home almost feels as if it doesn't belong here. Tables are set either on the glassed-in porch or within high, tin-ceiling rooms. Candles and a collection of giant fringed Art Nouveau lamps provide a gentle light. The menu has a good selection of seafood and meats, many treated with flavors from various parts of the globe. It's the kind of menu that encourages you to try new things, and you definitely won't be disappointed. From July through Labor Day you can eat outside on the stone patio, sheltered by umbrellas, and order from an "in the rough" dinner menu, with everything cooked on the adjacent grill. Choose from clambake-style meals, charbroiled and marinated skewers, and BBQ ribs.
- Address: 28 E. Grand Ave., Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064 | Map It
- Phone: 207/934–0156
- Website: www.landmarkfinedining.com
- Location: Old Orchard Beach Area
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Nov.–Mar, Mon.–Thurs. mid-April to mid-May, Mon. mid-May–mid-June and in Oct. after Columbus Day. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more