Stonewall Kitchen Review
You've probably seen the kitchen's smartly labeled jars of gourmet chutneys, jams, jellies, salsas, and sauces in specialty stores back home. York is the headquarters and processing center for them. The Stonewall complex houses the expansive flagship company store, which carries kitchenware and home decor items, too. There's also a bustling café and take-out restaurant, a viewing area of the bottling process, and stunning gardens. Sample all the mustards, salsas, and dressings you can stand, or have lunch at the café. Takeout is available during store hours. Breakfast (until 11) and lunch (11–3) are served daily; dine garden-side in season. The campus also houses a cooking school where participants can join in evening or daytime courses. Reservations are required; most classes cost $45–$80 and are shorter than two hours.
- Address: 2 Stonewall La., just off U.S. 1, next to York area information center York Village, ME 03909
- Phone: 207/351–2712 store; 877/899–8363 cooking school
- Hours: Sun. 9–6.; Mon.–Sat. 8–8 late May–early Sept., 8–6 early Sept.–late Nov. and late Dec.–late May, 8–7 late Nov.–late Dec.
- Website: www.stonewallkitchen.com
- Location: York Village
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. ... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more