Nott House Review
Also known as White Columns, the imposing Greek Revival mansion with Doric columns is furnished with the belongings of four generations of the Perkins-Nott family. In July and August, the 1853 house is open for guided tours and also serves as a gathering place for village walking tours. It is owned by the Kennebunkport Historical Society, located about a mile away at 125-135 North Street, where it has five other historical buildings, including an old jail and schoolhouse, and a modern structure where changing exhibits are shown. The society is open Tuesday–Friday 10–4 year-round.
- Address: 8 Maine St., Kennebunkport, ME 04046 | Map It
- Phone: 207/967–2751
- Cost: $10 for house tour; $10 for walking tour; $15 for house and walking tour
- Hours: House: July and Aug., Thur.–Sat. 11–3, 45-minute tours starting at quarter past the hour (last tour at 2:15). Walking tours: July and Aug., Thurs.–Sat. at 11.
- Website: www.kporthistory.org
- Location: Kennebunkport
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. ... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more