Getting Here and Around
Ogunquit Trolley. Parking in the village and the beach is costly and limited, so leave your car at the hotel and hop the trolley. It costs $1.50 a trip and runs Memorial Day weekend until Columbus Day, with weekend-only service for the first few weeks. From Perkins Cove the trolley runs through town along Shore Road and then down to Ogunquit Beach; it also stops along U.S. 1. The trolley is part of the Shoreline Explorer network (207/324–5762 Ext. 2932, www.shorelineexplorer.com), which links seasonal trolleys in southern Maine beach towns from the Yorks to the Kennebunks. You can connect with a Shoreline shuttle to York, or take the Shoreline Trolley to Wells and, if you want, continue on to the Kennebunks by shuttle. 207/646–1411. www.ogunquittrolley.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe