Boating and Fishing
Cast-Away Fishing Charters. Find and catch fish with Cast-Away Fishing Charters. The captain also offers a lobstering trip that's fun for families with kids-they can help haul the traps. Departs from Performance Marine, 4-A Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME, 04043. Box 245, Kennebunkport, ME, 04046. 207/284-1740. www.castawayfishingcharters.com.
First Chance. First Chance leads whale-watching cruises on 85-foot Nick's Chance. You get a ticket-no expiration-for another trip if whales aren't cited. Scenic lobster cruises are also offered aboard 65-foot Kylie's Chance. Trips run daily in summer and on weekends in the shoulder seasons. Performance Marine, 4-A Western Ave., Kennebunk, ME, 04043. 207/967-5507 or 800/767-2628. www.firstchancewhalewatch.com.
Rugosa. Lobster-trap hauling trips in the scenic waters off The Kennebunks run daily aboard the Rugosa from Memorial Day weekend through early October. Depart from Nonantum Resort, Ocean Ave., 95 Ocean Ave., Kennebunkport, ME, 04046. 207/468-4095. www.rugosacharters.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn