The Southern Coast Travel Guide
Plan Your The Southern Coast Vacation
Maine's southernmost coastal towns—Kittery, the Yorks, Ogunquit, the Kennebunks, and the Old Orchard Beach area—present a few of the stunning faces of the state's coast, from the miles and miles of inviting sandy beaches to the beautifully kept historic towns and carnival-like attractions. There is something for every taste, whether you seek solitude in a kayak or prefer being caught up in the infectious spirit of fellow vacationers.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best The Southern Coast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Southern Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $242 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront Hotel The Westin Portland Harborview
- Visit Portland for Less: Hotels Fr $133+/Nt Expedia
- Apr deal: Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Fr $126+/Nt Expedia
- $339 & up -- Canada & New England Cruises on Carnival Carnival Cruise Lines
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more