Getting a look at this squat stone lighthouse—from land, anyway—requires a slightly steep, half-mile walk uphill from the island's ferry dock. The lighthouse was automated in 1959, and the former keeper's quarters became the Monhegan Museum shortly thereafter. The tower is open sporadically throughout the summer for short tours. Exhibits at the museum have as much to do with life on the island as they do with the lighthouse itself.
Lighthouse Hill Rd., ½ mile east of dock, Monhegan, Maine, 04852, USA