- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- golf course across the road
- some dated rooms
Lucerne Inn Review
Nestled in the mountains, the Lucerne overlooks beautiful Phillips Lake. The inn was established in 1814, and in keeping with that history antiques are mixed with reproductions and newer furnishings throughout the inn. Guest rooms have views of the lake, nearly all have gas-burning fireplaces, and tubs are standard but have jets. "Honeymoon Suites" have wet bars, refrigerators, and balconies. The inn's restaurant ($$$) has a lavish Sunday brunch buffet and serves traditional New England fare like crab-stuffed baked haddock. The inn is about 15 mi from Bangor.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more