- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lincolnville's area of most interest—where there are a few restaurants, the ferry to Islesboro, and a swimming beach that attracts folks from neighboring Camden and Belfast—is Lincolnville Beach. The village is tiny; you could be through it in less than a minute. Still, it has a history going back to the Revolution, and you can see a small cannon on the beach here (never used) that was intended to repel the British in the War of 1812.
Elsewhere in The Mid-Coast Region
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's