- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fore Street Review
One of Maine's best chefs, Sam Hayward, opened this restaurant in a renovated warehouse on the edge of the Old Port in 1996. The menu changes daily to reflect the freshest ingredients from Maine's farms and waters. Every copper-top table in the main dining room has a view of the enormous brick oven and soapstone hearth that anchor the open kitchen, where sous-chefs seem to dance as they create such dishes as turnspit-roasted dry-rubbed pork loin, wood-grilled Maine island land chop with sun-root puree, and Maine mussels oven-roasted in garlic and almond butter. Desserts include artisanal cheeses. In July or August, try to book reservations two months in advance, and a week or more at other times. But last-minute planners take heart: each night a third of the tables are reserved for walk-in diners.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
My sis lives in Boise and I live near Seattle, so we decided on a quick girls-getaway to the Columbia Gorge, about 5 hours away from each of us. Read more
Both me and my husband(We live in San Francisco) are exploring the option for a road trip from 25th Dec till 1st Jan.
We have two options:
1) Either go on Road trip to Utah.
2) Or go on a road trip Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. ... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more