- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland Restaurant Reviews
Portland is blessed with exceptional restaurants rivaling those of a far larger city: in 2009 Bon Appétit declared it America's "Foodiest Small Town." Fresh seafood, including the famous Maine lobster, is still popular and prevalent, but there are plenty more cuisines to be enjoyed. More and more restaurants are using local meats, seafood, and organic and local produce as much as possible; changing menus reflect what is available in the region at the moment. As sophisticated as many of these establishments have become, the atmosphere is generally casual; with a few exceptions, you can leave your jacket and tie at home.
Smoking is banned in all restaurants, taverns, and bars in Maine. As always, reservations are recommended and allowed unless we state otherwise.
Browse Portland Restaurants
Browse Portland Restaurants By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's