Bicycling in Portland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bicycle Coalition of Maine. For state bike trail maps, club and tour listings, or hints on safety, contact the Bicycle Coalition of Maine. Maps are available at the group's headquarters in the Arts District. 34 Preble St., Portland, ME, 04112. 207/623–4511. www.bikemaine.org.
Cycle Mania. Rent bikes downtown at Cycle Mania. The $25 rate includes a helmet and lock. 59 Federal St., Portland, ME, 04101. 207/774–2933. www.cyclemania1.com.
Gorham Bike and Ski. You can rent several types of bikes, including hybrid and tandem models, starting at $25 per day. 693 Congress St., Portland, ME, 04102. 207/773–1700. www.gorhambike.com.
Portland Trails. For local biking information, contact Portland Trails. The staff can tell you about designated paved routes that wind along the water, through parks, and beyond. 305 Commercial St., Portland, ME, 04101. 207/775–2411. www.trails.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's