Penobscot Bay Travel Guide
Plan Your Penobscot Bay Vacation
Few could deny that Penobscot Bay is one of Maine's most dramatically beautiful regions. Its more than 1,000 miles of coastline is made up of rocky granite boulders, often undeveloped shores, a sprinkling of colorful towns, and views of the sea and islands that are a photographer's dream.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Penobscot Bay restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Penobscot Bay
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $242 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront Hotel The Westin Portland Harborview
- $339 & up -- Canada & New England Cruises on Carnival Carnival Cruise Lines
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more