- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Hill Inn
At a Glance
- three first-floor rooms
- modern suites with kitchens in separate building
- some small rooms
Blue Hill Inn Review
One side of this 1830 Federal-style inn was built as a home, but it soon became an inn, adding a wing with a matching facade in the 1850s. Wide pumpkin pine floors, some painted, set the tone for the mix of antiques that fill the parlor, library, and guest rooms. The larger, more ornate lodging quarters are in the original home. Room 10, once a front parlor, has a neoclassical mantle above the wood-burning fireplace, one of several at the inn. Upstairs, Room 8 has windows on three sides and views of the gardens and apple trees. Inn guests can order wine or spirits to enjoy with complimentary appetizers served each evening. The small dining room serves dinner to the public on weekdays; dishes like butter-poached lobster ravioli feature local fish and foods.
- Address: 40 Union St., Blue Hill, ME 04614 | Map It
- Phone: 207/374–2844; 800/826–7415
- Website: www.bluehillinn.com
- Location: Blue Hill
- 10 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–mid-May (2 suites in separate building open year-round).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more