- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glowing gas fireplaces, period antiques, exposed beams, and hardwood floors covered with Oriental rugs adorn the four candlelit dining areas in this renovated Cape Cod–style house. Begin with a salad of mixed greens, sliced beets, and pears with blue cheese crumbled on top. For your entrée, choose from dishes such as crispy duck with rhubarb and lime glaze or roasted rack of lamb with a basil and pine nut crust; such preparations change seasonally. The fresh fish dishes are superb—try the crab cakes. Save room for desserts; ice cream (chocolate chili!) is homemade. Return when you're in a more casual mood: like the restaurant, the adjacent nautical-theme DeepWater Brew Pub serves dishes made with organic and local ingredients as much as possible—and of course its own beer. It's housed in an inviting space that opens to a lawn seating come summer. By summer 2013 the public should be able to watch the brewery in action in a restored 1780 barn.
- Address: 33 Tenney Hill, Blue Hill, ME 04614 | Map It
- Phone: 207/374–2119
- Website: www.arborvine.com
- Location: Blue Hill
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed most of Nov. and March. Closed Mon.–Thurs. Dec.–Feb. and April-early May, Mon.–Wed. mid-May–mid-June, Mon. and Tues. late June–early July and mid-Sept.–Oct., Mon. July–early Sept. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more