- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There's one main road here: it circles the island and goes through the Acadia National Park section. Locals give sections of the road a name.
Isle au Haut Boat Services (207/367-5193 www.isleauhaut.com) operates daily ferry service between Stonington and Isle au Haut. During the summer season, trips increases from two to five Monday through Saturday and one to two on Sunday. From mid-June until late September, the boat also stops at Duck Harbor, in the island section of Acadia National Park (it will not unload bicycles, kayaks, or canoes). Ferry service is scaled back in the fall, then returns to the regular or "winter" schedule.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe