Sports and the Outdoors in Blue Hill Peninsula
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Castine Kayak International Adventures. At Eaton's Wharf, Castine Kayak Adventures operates tours run by owner Karen Francoeur, a Registered Maine Guide. Sign up for a half day of kayaking along the shore, a full day of kayaking in Penobscot Bay, or nighttime bioluminescent trips—paddling stirs up a type of phytoplankton, causing them to light up like fireflies as they shoot through the water. The company also offers overnight kayak camping trips and rents mountain bikes and kayaks. Eaton's Wharf, 17 Sea St., Castine, ME, 04421. 207/866–3506. www.castinekayak.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's