Bass Harbor Head Light
Bass Harbor Head Light Review
Built in 1858, this lighthouse is one of the most photographed lights in Maine. Now automated, it marks the entrance to Blue Hill Bay. The grounds and residence are Coast Guard property, but two trails around the facility provide excellent views. It's within Acadia National Park, and there is parking.The best place to take a picture of this small but beautiful lighthouse is from the rocks below—but watch your step; they can be slippery.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Wonder View Inn & Suites on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- $42.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bar Harbor Hotwire
- $48.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bar Harbor — $49 Hotwire
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I am taking my wife to Kennebunkport, Maine for a long weekend in June. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry ... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more