- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The summer community for some of the nation's wealthiest families, Northeast Harbor has one of the best harbors on the coast, which fills with yachts and powerboats during peak season. Some summer residents rebuilt here after Bar Harbor's Great Fire of 1947 destroyed mansions there.
It's a great place to sign up for a cruise around Somes Sound or to the Cranberry Isles. Other than that, this quiet village has a handful of restaurants, inns, boutiques, and art galleries.
Elsewhere in Acadia National Park and Mount Desert Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's