The summer community for some of the nation's wealthiest families, Northeast Harbor has one of the best harbors on the coast, which fills with yachts and powerboats during peak season. It's a great place to sign up for a cruise around Somes Sound or to the Cranberry Islands. Other than that, this quiet village has a handful of restaurants, boutiques, and art galleries.
Elsewhere in Acadia National Park and Mount Desert Island
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Bar Harbor this May Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- $75.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bar Harbor Hotwire
- $84.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bar Harbor — $85 Hotwire