- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Baton Rouge, the state's capital and second-largest city, is about an hour west of New Orleans. Plantation homes are scattered between the two cities, within a two-hour drive if you take the scenic Great River Road. Lafayette, about two hours west of New Orleans if you take Interstate 10, is a good post for exploring Cajun Country. Smaller Cajun towns surround the small city in all directions.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's