- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Johnson's Boucaniere Review
This boucaniere (Cajun French for smokehouse) is run by the next generation of the same family that operated the iconic Johnson's Grocery, which closed in 2005. It's a laid-back, friendly place with a refreshing blend of tradition and modern style. Music from young local bands plays over the sound system (their CDs line the shelves next to barbecue sauces for sale); customers sit on the covered porch and dig into boudin, sandwiches, and the heartily recommended barbecue, which is smoked in-house and rubbed with Cajun-style seasonings.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more